CLAIMMASTER ARTICLE 28 DEMONSTRATION SYSTEM
Send your Lytec claims directly to insurance
companies, bypassing Clearinghouse costs and headaches
ClaimMaster is flexible enough to handle the
non-standard insurance issues for:
- NY Medicaid for Clinics
- NY Medicaid
for Physicians, including secondary claims
- NY Empire
- NY Blue
Shield, including secondary claims
- NJ Medicare
PLUS pre-process 835
Remittances so Lytec can Auto-post
Install a demonstration Article 28 system with Lytec 2007 using the following
Click here to download a ClaimMaster
Demo Lytec Data backup for 2007
The database is clinicTutorial and the password is system1.
- Double Click the ClaimMasterDemo.exe that you just downloaded (If that does
not work, you can download a zipped
install instead here)
- Click the "Setup" button.
- Choose Next to start the installation.
- Choose Yes to the license agreement.
- Fill in the license information.
- Enter your company
- Enter your name
- Enter the license: DEMO-0000
- Note: DEMO is all characters and 0000 is all numbers
- Keep pressing <ENTER> to accept all the defaults until it
- You may need to choose a folder to install your forms. It is
best to install them in the same folder as all your other Lytec forms.
Basic Use of the Demo, using sample claim files:
- Double click ClaimMaster or choose it from the program menu.
- Enter the password: new
- Choose "settings" menu option, and then choose "Open Practice"
- Choose C:\Program Files\OctagonSystems\ClaimMaster\claimsdata\demo
- Choose the "file" menu option.
- Choose "create new insurance from template"
- Double click "clinic medicaid"
- Click "OK"
- Change the following fields: Enter your company name wherever it asks <CO>
or <Enter your company name>. Where it says <FIND THE DIRECTORY THAT
HAS YOUR MEDICAID.INP FILE>, please navigate to your Lytec program folder
(often c:\program files\lytec2007). Enter your contact, phone and etin. Change
your locator default to a 3 digit number. Enter your rate code and choose
- Choose "settings" menu option, and then choose "Select insurance".
- Double click on the clinic insurance you just created.
- (In Lytec, print a claim to edi_medicaid or to edi_medicaid_sec with the
include payments box checked)
- Choose the file menu option, and then choose Select Lytec File.
- Double click on medicaid.inp
- Choose the run menu option, and then choose process.
- Hit <ENTER> to accept defaults until it says finished.
- Choose the view menu option, and then choose valid claims and then just
- You may need to allow script to be processed. If your browser indicates
it is blocking script when the page opens, please right click on that message
to choose unblock.
- Choose the send/receive menu option, and then choose the first option available.
It will be different depending upon the insurance company you chose. You will
then be stopped by not having an account with the insurance company.
Advanced Use of the Demo, connecting to your Lytec system:
- Set up your Lytec system:
- In Lists / Insurance, be sure your insurance type is properly
set, (i.e. Medicare or Medicaid).
- Print a claim to either edi_medicaid or edi_emp_medicare
- Set up ClaimMaster to look at your system.
- To define an insurance carrier:
- choose File / Create New Insurance or Table from Template.
- Double click on the template you want. (i.e. physician
medicaid or empire medicare)
- Type the practice name before the insurance name and then
- Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your practice
information, and choose OK. (Note: Be sure to set the Lytec Data
Directory properly by choosing the browse button and navigating to the
folder that holds the form you just printed in Lytec. Please call
516-747-2362 if you have difficulty with this step.)
- To choose that new insurance, choose settings and then
"select insurance" and then double click the insurance. You should see
the name of your insurance at the top of the screen.
- To process that insurance claim:
- Choose File / Select Lytec Billing File and then double click
on the medicaid or medicare.inp file.
- Choose Run / and then Process. If process is not an option, you may
not have properly set your insurance type in Lytec. Choose ok to process
and then see whether your claim was invalid. Choose ok again.
- Choose View / Valid (or invalid) claims and then press enter.
It will launch Internet Explorer to view the report.
- If you were continuing, you would package the claim for
transmission into an easy to find spot on the computer using the
Send/Receive menu. (The demo creates a transmission file with some
This is just a small view of the ClaimMaster functions. There are
many more options and ways of customizing this product for all
situations for all insurances. You can view the user manual.
ClaimMaster will also pre-process 835 ERAs returned from the insurance companies,
so that Lytec can read them.
516-747-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Charles Street * Williston Park, NY 11596